On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 12:15, I S wrote:
> a) I don't understand why the database sometimes gets
> dropped.  It happens randomly but frequently.
>
> could not prepare: Database disconnected at
> /dssweb/httpd/cgi-bin/feeds/viewReport line 157.

Usually this is caused by an inactivity timeout on your database
server.  If you call DBI->connect before that, Apache::DBI will ping the
connection to make sure it is still live and re-connect if it isn't.

> b) I built mod_perl and apache with EVERYTHING=1.
> Should I expect  DBI.pm appear in Apache directory?

EVERYTHING=1 affects which hooks are enabled for mod_perl handlers.  It
has nothing to do with which modules will be available.

Apache::DBI comes with mod_perl, and you should see it in your site_perl
directory.  It is a pure perl module, so it would not be under an i386
directory (or whatever your architecture is).  If you can do PerlModule
Apache::DBI in your program without failure, it means that it is there
in your @INC path.

- Perrin