2) the rest of the tests fail on $ENV{REMOTE_ADDR} and $r->remote_address

returning 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1. Sounds like an ipv6 issue to me.

but

since all those running ipv6 didn't report that problem that sounds as

either

a bug in Apache on HPUX11i or some OS issues. Olivier, could you try a

mod_cgi

script that prints out $ENV{REMOTE_ADDR}, when your client is running on

the

same machine and when it's running from another machine? Thanks.

I checked that variable through PHP. It gave me the same result : 0.0.0.0

Perfect. So it's not an issue with mod_perl.

What could I check to go further ?

I suppose it's your IPv6 setup. You probably have the localhost entry mapped to ::1 in /etc/hosts?

::1 localhost

I suppose we could test for '127.0.0.1' || '0.0.0.0'. Any difference if you replace it with:

127.0.0.1 localhost