Hello,

I am comming back on the client IP address problem that I have.

On my HPux system, I could reproduce the problem with a small program that listen on a socket and try to print remote address.
Depending on compilation mode, the field that store the address length doesnt have the same type. Which cause the problem to me.
I am in the process of recompiling Apache with the type forced to int, and I will let you know how it turns.

But anyway, this would mean that this problem is definitely not a problem of mod_perl.
So, the last problem that I see is the linking problem... I'll continue to investigate on that point.

Thanks for your help during all this process.

olivier

Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

10/05/2004 09:37

        Pour :        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc :        "Philippe M. Chiasson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, mod_perl Mailing List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Objet :        Re: Réf. : Re: mp2 static build on HPUX11i: tests

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
>>Perfect. So it's not an issue with mod_perl.
>

>>>What could I check to go further ?
>>
>>I suppose it's your IPv6 setup. You probably have the localhost entry
>
> mapped
>
>>to ::1 in /etc/hosts?
>>::1 localhost
>

> Actually I donnot have this line in /etc/hosts

What do you have in there? Could it be that on your platform it resides in
some other file?

>>I suppose we could test for '127.0.0.1' || '0.0.0.0'. Any difference if
>
> you
>
>>replace it with:
>>127.0.0.1 localhost
>

> I always have the same result, even If I test from another host... So
> might it be a problem with Apache 2.0.49 ?

I don't know. Could you ask at the apache users list[1]? Don't mention
mod_perl, say that you get 0.0.0.0 with mod_php or mod_cgi using
$ENV{REMOTE_ADDR} and ask why, giving the other details (platforms, sample
script/etc).

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users