On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Steve Hay wrote:
> (Non-Win32 users:  The real issue here is not Win32-specific.)

As to Win32::Shortcut: you should just delete the END block from the module.
I see that Sarathy already did this over a year for the version that ships
with ActivePerl.  He also gave me his mailbox with accumulated libwin32
patches and asked me to put out another libwin32 release to CPAN.
Unfortunately I haven't found time to get around to it yet.

The other issue you are seeing is that CoInitialize() needs to be called
in each *thread* that wants to make COM calls.  To do this properly, the
module needs to provide a CLONE method if you are using Perl threads in
5.8.x.

I have no clue how all this relates to MP1; it is just the subject line that
made me take a brief peek at this message.

Cheers,
-Jan