David Wheeler wrote:
On Dec 27, 2004, at 9:58 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

I think all you need to do is to write an equivalent of WriteMakefile (and some other bits). The rest of the stuff in it, is a painful exercise of overriding ExtUtils::MakeMaker MY:: methods.

You make it sound so appealing. I can't wait! But seriously, if this is used only for installing mod_perl and not for anything else, does it need to be done before you're ready to convert to Module::Build for mod_perl's installer?

No, ModPerl::BuildMM (a subclass of ModPerl::MM) which is used by mp2 installer (and it's much more complicated). ModPerl::MM is for 3rd party modules.

BTW, ModPerl::MM is documented:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/ModPerl/MM.html

Don't look at .pm files in the source, but after install. The .pod gets glued to the end of .pm on 'make install'.