I'm going to submit the following my talk proposal for a 45 minutes
presentation session on OSCon 2005:

Open Source Dynamic Data Compression in Business Implementations

1. Basics of the content compression.
2. Examples of compressed files;
        Benefits of data compression in numbers.
3. Dynamic compression vs. Static compression;
        Latency benefits in graphics and numbers.
4. History of the open source mod_perl Apache handler Apache::Dynagzip:
    a) fast and flexible development on the base of mod_perl Apache-1.3;
    b) open source debug benefits, time-line of bug reports, stability;
    c) run-time benefits of mod_perl;
    d) community feedback on the final product.
5. Recent commercial solutions on the top of the Dynagzip project:
    a) The Last Mile ISP;
    b) Internet Banking;
    c) Semi-Static Pages for Dynamic Content.
6. Further implementations on the top of the open source prototype:
    a) WAP;
    b) XML;
    c) web services.

I tried my best to make this informative for both of the developers and
managers, however, concentrating on business objectives mainly. I would
highly appreciate any constructive critique and/or suggestions prior to
submitting this to OSCon (approximately -- next weekend).

You can respond to the List, or privately, whatever you prefer.

Thanks,
Slava
--
http://www.lastmileisp.com