Jason Dixon wrote:

On Apr 22, 2005, at 2:46 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

Jason Dixon wrote:

I'm trying to install a non-root statically compiled Apache/mod_perl (1.x) on a test server. I've installed everything in my home directory, including Apache::Session, but libapreq is failing to recognize the mod_perl installation. Can someone tell me how to get libapreq installed for this scenario? Here's the failed attempt:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] libapreq-1.33]$ perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=~/perl
mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 36.

Apparently you installled some version of mp2 before mp2 RC5.0
Its failing up front to save you sanity later. If you're not using the mp2 installation, I would suggest you nuke the related files.

I installed mod_perl 1.29 with Apache 1.3.33. I'm trying to install Bricolage non-root, and Apache/mod_perl 1.x is a requirement.

Post this output:

find ~/perl -type f -name "mod_perl*.pm" -print -exec grep "VERSION" {} \;

--
END
Philip M. Gollucci