Thanks, that was it... Stupid mistake, but there seems to be some conflicting docs out there.

I'm trying to get a mod_perl1 module running on mod_perl2 and I seem to be having some difficulty. The logs are simply throwing "Can't load Perl file: c:/apache2/conf/ mod_perl.pl for server www.foo.com:80, exiting..."

and it's making it very difficult to see exactly where things are dying. Is my lack of verbosity because I'm in windows?

If I put
PerlModule Apache::garbage
in my httpd.conf I get

can't load perl module apache::garbage for server www.foo.com:80 exiting...

but if I put it in a startup script

PerlRequire "C:/blah/startup.pl"

I get "Can't load perl file: C:/blah startup.pl for server www.foo.com:80 exiting...

basically i'm loading this module which uses a pm file and I'm getting no info on why things aren't working... Just that they aren't

Sorry for the newbie question, everything i've found says that things should work if you include the compat option and there's not a lot to tell you what to do when it doesn't just work :)

-Nick