On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 15:23 +1000, Badai Aqrandista wrote:
> I am using MySQL 4.1 on debian sarge. The type of the field that hold the
> session data is 'longtext'.

That holds a very large amount of data.  You can't be overflowing that.

> Patrick Michaud pointed me off the list that i
> should also bump max_packet_size up.

Probably, but that will not make you lose data.

> It seems that this problem occurs in peak period, so it works in thousands
> of hits except once or twice. So it can't be scoping issue.

It certainly can be a scoping issue, but it could also be a locking
issue.  Without seeing a test case that causes it, it's pretty hard to
guess.

> Yes, that's why I am using Storable hooks to only serialize as small
> information as possible.

Storage of attributes in database columns should handle concurrency
better than anything using Storable because the locking and data
transfer will be more efficient.

- Perrin