Well I'm more of an old-bie, but I've heard quite a few people recently (first hand) acknowledging that PHP (specifically) isn't really a 'serious' contender for enterprise web apps. (no flames please, I have no opinions!)

I've also noticed my favourite news site* defining 'LAMP' as "Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python", so we've certainly got the exposure.

John

* The Register

Clinton Gormley wrote:

It seems to me that a lot of people new to mod_perl and to Perl have
joined this mailing list recently.

And this is during a period when popular opinion (amongst those who know
no better) seems to regard Perl as antiquated.