Hi,
My perl authentication handler works fine BUT the biggest problem inside my
Auth handler I do some resource intenstive tasks and if everything
successful set the REMOTE_USER env variable.

But for the subsequent requests from the same user (after the initial
Authentication is successful) how can I bypass these resource intensive
tasks because the user already been authenticated (but I need REMOTE_USER
value for subsequent request

My suggestions

1) After initial Authentication set a session attribute (my_remote_user)
with the value REMOTE_USER, in subsequent requests check this attribute is
there and return OK, without going further

    Question -> How does the session handling supported in mod_perl, how can
I retrieve the user session and set variables like that,

2)Does mod_perl supports in such a way that for subsequent requests the user
has authenticated and hence gives the value of the remote user.

Currently my Auth handler does the all the tasks inside the authentication
handler, which might be a performance killer

thanks