Tracy12 wrote:
My perl authentication handler works fine BUT the biggest problem inside my
Auth handler I do some resource intenstive tasks and if everything
successful set the REMOTE_USER env variable.

But for the subsequent requests from the same user (after the initial
Authentication is successful) how can I bypass these resource intensive
tasks because the user already been authenticated (but I need REMOTE_USER
value for subsequent request

I would use Apache::Session and store a cookie that says that this user is authenticated. The session would include to be set for REMOTE_USER. The user would only get the session cookie if they had successfully authenticated.

It should work fine and will likely solve your performance problem.

Rob