Here it is what it happened:

I've installed:
Apache/2.2.4 (Win32), Server built:   Jan  9 2007 23:17:20
perl, v5.8.8 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread built 822
latest mod_perl from TheoryX

After installing them, I started the web server and it worked fine and I could access the success page.
I have tried stopping and starting it for more times with success.

Then I've created a default Catalyst app named "Testing", using:

catalyst Testing

I was able to access the "Testing" application using its internal web server, so it is working.

Then I've created a virtual host for calling that Catalyst application. Here is the content of that virtualhost:

<Virtualhost 127.0.0.1:80>
ServerName www.brk.ro
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DocumentRoot e:/web/Testare/root

ErrorLog e:/web/Testare/logs/error.txt
CustomLog e:/web/Testare/logs/access.txt common

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
PerlRequire "e:/web/Testare/script/preload.pl"

<Location />
Options Indexes
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

SetHandler perl-script
PerlResponseHandler Testare
</Location>
</IfModule>
</Virtualhost>

Of course, I created the directory "logs" under the "Testing" app directory, and I also created the program preload.pl that just "use" the "Testing" module.

And I tried starting the server, but it appeared an error window "Visual Studio just in time debugger" and it also printed the following errors in the command prompt:

net start apache2

The Apache2 service is starting.
The Apache2 service could not be started.
A system error has occurred.
System error 1067 has occurred.
The process terminated unexpectedly.

In the error log it appeared the following errors:
[Wed Oct 03 20:19:38 2007] [notice] Child 3008: Starting 250 worker threads.
[Wed Oct 03 20:19:38 2007] [notice] Child 3008: Starting thread to listen on port 80. [Wed Oct 03 20:19:59 2007] [notice] Parent: Received shutdown signal -- Shutting down the server. [Wed Oct 03 20:19:59 2007] [notice] Child 3008: Exit event signaled. Child process is ending.
[Wed Oct 03 20:20:00 2007] [notice] Child 3008: Released the start mutex
[Wed Oct 03 20:20:01 2007] [notice] Child 3008: Waiting for 250 worker threads to exit. [Wed Oct 03 20:20:01 2007] [notice] Child 3008: All worker threads have exited.
[Wed Oct 03 20:20:01 2007] [notice] Child 3008: Child process is exiting

In order to be sure, I've repeated and I tried starting again the server for a few times. 2 times, the web server started with that Catalyst app, and I was able to use it. The rest of the times it shown those errors. I didn't change absolutely anything between those trials, but I just tried stopping and restarting the server.

However it is strange that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Thank you.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Kobes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>