Hi,

I just started using Rose::DB and have been experiencing certain
database connectivity issues.

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  prepared statement "dbdpg_1" already exists

My set up is as follows:

The box runs 2 Apache servers - one on port 80 and the other on port
8080. The former uses Class::DBI and Apache::DBI. The latter uses
Rose::DB and Apache::DBI. They both use the same database server, but
access different databases with different usernames. To isolate the
problem, I stopped the server running on port 80 but was still able to
recreate the problem.

package MSS::DB;

use base qw(Rose::DB);

# Use a private registry for this class
__PACKAGE__->use_private_registry;

# Register your lone data source using the default type and domain
__PACKAGE__->register_db(
                         driver   => 'pg',
                         database => 'mss_dev',
                         username => 'mss_dev',
                         password => '',
                         );

package MSS::DB::Object;

use MSS::DB;

use base qw(Rose::DB::Object);

sub init_db { MSS::DB->new() }

1;

Also, in my main handler, I do

$r->pnotes( dbh      => MSS::DB->new->dbh );

and later use this db handle to access my session data through
Apache::Session::Postgres' tie() interface.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

Arsh