On 10/23/07 5:17 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On 10/23/07, John Siracusa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've had some bad experiences with passing database handles around in
>> pnotes.
>
> It should be safe to do that.  One thing to remember is that pnotes
> takes an alias to what you pass in, not a copy.  If you feed it $foo
> and then change the value of $foo, the value in pnotes changes too.

My problems were more along the lines of not realizing that an internal
subrequest was happening, which (if memory serves) would end up clearing
pnotes (or maybe my code was clearing/resetting pnotes when re-traversed for
the subrequest).  This was years ago, so maybe pnotes is better behaved
these days, but I've still tended to avoid that feature of MP1.

-John