John Siracusa wrote:

>> Also, in my main handler, I do
>>
>> $r->pnotes(dbh => MSS::DB->new->dbh );
>
> I've had some bad experiences with passing database handles around in
> pnotes.  You might want to try temporarily replacing that with with a
> global variable or something similarly tame just to see if it fixes
> the problem.

Why put a db handle in pnotes or a global at all? Apache::DBI will cache the
handles so if you have one connected it will be returned. If the connection
times out, Apache::DBI will manage that for you too. If you try and stash a DB
handle somewhere you'll end up having to re-implement what Apache::DBI does for
you automatically.

--
Michael Peters
Developer