Perrin Harkins schrieb:
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
wrote:

http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/01/cgi-is-dead-mod-perlite-is-ali.html

We discussed this on PerlMonks.  Here's my take on it:
http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=738192

To quote:

| To get the environment they're trying to build in mod_perl, all you
| have to do is set MaxRequestsPerChild to 1. Then the processes exit
| after one request and you get a fresh, pre-forked process with a
| pristine Perl interpreter for the next request.

I think this is technically incorrect in that it does not match the
Apache/LibPHP execution model (which is what I think they're trying to
emulate), where the Apache/LibPHP process does not exit after serving
only a single request.

I'm not 100 % sure, but I think the Apache/LibPHP execution model
compares roughly to this:

mod_perl: Apache::PerlRun - Run unaltered CGI scripts under mod_perl
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/api/Apache/PerlRun.html

PHP can leak memory, too. MaxRequestsPerChild is important, as it is
with Perl. Setting it to 1 in either case means throwing the baby out
with the bath water.

Michael Ludwig