macke...@animalhead.com wrote:
IMO the profile below does not indicate that the sky
is falling.

A survey of "how long have you been using computers?"
might show a similar distribution.

Just because it might have the same distribution doesn't mean it's relevant. I bet a question like "How long have you been having sex?" would get a similar curve :) A more relevant question for comparison would be "How long have you been using PHP?" from a PHP community survey.

While I have my doubts about mod_perlite, I think the quest to bring more new blood into the Perl community is necessary and important one. Without it we won't get the next generation of people I'll need to hire :)

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP