Hi.

I am looking for a debugging tool that would be able to repeatedly issue HTTP requests to one or more URLs, and log any errors. Preferably in Perl, and it must run on a Windows workstation.

So something like a wget or curl, but with some smart command-line parameters allowing it to run in a continuous loop, with an adjustable request-issuing rate. Since I know exactly what kind of pages I should receive in return, I might want to modify this tool (if it is in Perl), to add some HTML parsing looking for specific information on the response pages.

I could write something myself using LWP of course, but I figure that it is most likely that someone already did this. My main problem is that I don't know how something like that would be called or which keywords to look for.

I would appreciate any pointers, even just the keywords to search.
Thanks in advance.