Iosif Fettich wrote:
[...]
Hi.
I have not looked at your code in detail, but in general : there is nothing in Apache or mod_perl that will automatically and magically wrap any response in any html tag sequence. So the only reasonable explanation, is that it is your back-end server which generates these tags (or your browser ?). Why don't you put some tracing code in your handler, to dump what it really receives from the back-end ?
Like :

        $r->log_error("going to get : $new_url")
        my $content = $response->content;
        $r->log_error("got : " . $content);

and look in your Apache error log.
You could also use lwp-request (comes with perl), to retrieve directly what you think your handler is retrieving. lwp-request, as the name indicates, uses the LWP module, just like your handler does.