Hi.

I want to write a mod_perl input filter, which essentially would replace some characters from form-posted input on the fly, before letting the request go to the real application.
The requests are POST, with content encoded in one long string, URL-encoded.
I am thinking of writing this as a FilterRequestHandler filter, grabbing the content, splitting it on "&", URL-decoding the so-splitted query parameters individually, then in the value performing the character substitutions, then re-URL-encoding the query parameters, re-joining them with "&", and essentially et voilà.

Basically, the type shown here :
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#toc_Stream_oriented_Input_Filters

Is the above a realistic view, or am I missing something essential ?

Thanks for comments.
André