On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Cosimo Streppone <cos...@streppone.it> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2011 09:15:57 +1000, Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There has not been any feedback on the release candidate from this
>> thread, and as such there is no projected release date.
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/dev/102778
>>
>> There seems to be a few users who really want this release, but so far
>> no testing reports on the RC from anyone.  Please download, test, and
>> report back success or failure for that RC if you are interested in
>> seeing it released.
>
> Ok, here we go.
>
> I'm trying to report a test result,
> but evidently lacking apache-dev fu.
> I would appreciate any guidance.
> Downloaded 0.96-RC1, untarred and tried to make test.
> It runs the pod.t only, so I started reading the README.

> I couldn't find anything related to testing in the README,
> so I turned to the INSTALL file.
>
>  $ perl Makefile.PL
>    For static  mod_perl use -httpd /path/to/httpd
>    For dynamic mod_perl use -apxs /path/to/apxs
>  $ make
>
> Following this, I tried:
>
>  $ perl Makefile.PL -apxs /usr/bin/apxs2
>  $ make test
>
> Tests only pod.t again.
> Then I tried manually running the t/apache2? tests:
,,,

> 1) What is the proper way to test Apache2::SizeLimit in a dev environment
>   and in a production (say Debian) environment?

Untar it, perl Makefile.PL && make && make test

If your apache apxs executable is in your $ENV{PATH}, you shouldn't
need to do anything.  However, I strongly recommend that you have
mod_perl 2.0.5 installed for testing this SizeLimit release.  You can
do this either in dev or production.

> 2) Is there an svn repository that I can use to write a pod/README/INSTALL
>   patch to explain this to others that might have same problems?

I'm not sure what you are asking; if you want to file a bug, you can
use rt.cpan.org.  Those have been getting resolved as they get filed
with each release.

Suggest you install mod_perl 2.0.5 in your dev environment and test
this version against it.  If you are still running mp 2.0.4, you
should upgrade.  Several years of development in that release.