On Friday, May 13, 2011 09:48:56 Fred Moyer wrote:
> > It looks like it does, because testing w/ mp 2.0.4 I got
> > (from my earlier message):
> >
> >  APACHE_TEST_APXS=/usr/bin/apxs2 perl -Iblib/lib
> > t/response/TestApache2/basic.pm
> >  Can't locate object method "is_threaded" via package "Apache2::MPM"
> > at blib/lib/Apache2/SizeLimit.pm line 31.
> >  Compilation failed in require at t/response/TestApache2/basic.pm
> > line 9. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> > t/response/TestApache2/basic.pm line 9.
>
> I think this might be from a change Torsten made for the threaded
> branch, but I'm not sure.  I'll add the prereq.

I am not the culprit here. Look what Cosimo tries to do!

t/response/TestApache2/basic.pm is supposed to be loaded by the WEB
server. It should run in a modperl context. Loading the module into a
mere perl interpreter doesn't make sense. A::S loads Apache2::MPM to
check if the WEB server can handle multiple requests at the same time. In
this case it is not recommended to finish the process just at the end of
a certain request because that would abort the other requests handled at
the same time by other threads (where thread means an execution context.
A single threaded event-based MPM would have the same problem).

Now, the only thing that could be considered a bug here is that
Apache2::MPM doesn't die when loaded in non-modperl context. But then
perhaps other people may complain because they load modules in plain perl
that use() Apache2::MPM but do not call any functions if running outside
of modperl.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net