On Fri, 13 May 2011 18:41:43 +1000, Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net> wrote:

On Friday, May 13, 2011 09:48:56 Fred Moyer wrote:
> It looks like it does, because testing w/ mp 2.0.4 I got
> (from my earlier message):
>
>  APACHE_TEST_APXS=/usr/bin/apxs2 perl -Iblib/lib
> t/response/TestApache2/basic.pm
>  Can't locate object method "is_threaded" via package "Apache2::MPM"
> at blib/lib/Apache2/SizeLimit.pm line 31.
>  Compilation failed in require at t/response/TestApache2/basic.pm
> line 9. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> t/response/TestApache2/basic.pm line 9.

I think this might be from a change Torsten made for the threaded
branch, but I'm not sure.  I'll add the prereq.

I am not the culprit here. Look what Cosimo tries to do!

t/response/TestApache2/basic.pm is supposed to be loaded by the WEB
server. It should run in a modperl context. Loading the module into a
mere perl interpreter doesn't make sense.

I understand that.

The problem from my pov is that with mp 2.0.4 these tests
are completely skipped (t/apache, t/apache2, etc...).
I was just trying to fiddle around to understand why
that was the case.

Upgrading to 2.0.5 made the tests detect my apxs2,
and so they worked out of the box.

--
Cosimo