I had 8-9 apps running as custom mp2 modules (not really in any
framework.)  I did a few things in Catalyst, but it never really lit
my candle.  Perlbal for reverse proxy.  I used Postgres a lot, but
eventually realized that sqlite3 was good enough for what I was doing
most of the time.

Of late, I've been wanting to go to PSGI or node.js, but I haven't
taken the plunge yet.  Many of my mod_perl apps relied on client-side
PKI and SSL renegotiation, which I don't think can be done in PSGI,
(or at least not well) and mod_perl really shines by having hooks for
all phases of request handling.