On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Randolf Richardson <rand...@modperl.pl> wrote:
> I suspect that I wouldn't be running
> into these issues with a framework system designed to work with
> DBIx::Class.

I don't think mod_perl should have more trouble cooperating with
DBIx::Class than other web environments.  However, some of the people
who use DBIx::Class are vocal mod_perl haters, so they may not give
very good advice about how to set it up with mod_perl.

> A DBIx developer in IRC explained to me once that
> DBIx::Class also goes to great lengths to shut off connection caching
> from the Apache::DBI module -- after switching back to DBI, the
> resulting performance gain has me wondering if this is correct.

You'll always get better performance from straight DBI than from ORMs
like DBIx::Class or Rose::DB::Object.  They just save you some
repetitive code for simple things.

Sounds like you're having a good time with your mod_perl stuff!  Good to hear.

- Perrin