Hi.
If it may contribute something to the question :
I have a case where, within a response handler, I need to make a call to a back-end Tomcat through mod_jk (a simple GET, not a POST). I initially tried to do this through a sub-request, and was getting segfaults in Apache for my trouble. Rather than investigating this, I switched to making the call through LWP, and it has been working fine for a couple of years, on a variety of systems and Apache versions.

Jordan Michaels wrote:
Well, I do need mod_rewrite to be run. A lot of our users use SES url's and then use rewrite rules to parse them out. I also have specific requests to leave .htaccess functionality in there (for secured directories and so forth).

So yeah, the more typical Apache functionality we can leave in the better. It's a pretty tall order.

I've configured my perl module using AddHandler in Apache, like so:

AddHandler      perl-script [my file extensions]
PerlRequire     /path/to/mymod.pm
PerlHandler     mymod

and that seems to allow me to do everything I'm needing to do so far, but I admit I haven't tested it thoroughly so far. I'm still trying to get POST data passed.

Thank you again, very much, for your help!

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels