From: Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
To: Apache Infrastructure <infrastruct...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 1:41 PM
Subject: cms as an apache incubator project?

Way back when the cms was first being implemented
some people suggested making it a formal project.
I pushed back on that issue at the time because it
was so heavily tied into our infra that trying to
productize it made little sense to me.

As time progressed it became clear tho that I was
the only person willing and able to work on the cms
plumbing, and maybe now that there are several projects
using the cms it's time to reask the question.

Would it make sense to anyone to volunteer to work
on the cms towards making it adoptable by other orgs?
Keep in mind people can work on and adopt the current
code right now as the svn tree is public:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/cms

The real issue becomes whether or not this community
has the right skills and interests to help other orgs
adopt it, and to modify the software to make that

a feasible proposition.

Any takers?