On 09/10/2016 09:53 PM, Igor Chudov wrote:
> It turns out that HTML has a very minor and subordinate role to perl
> application logic, and putting "perl inside html" was completely misguided
> and instead I decided to "make html inside perl". Using CGI module of
> course. This was far more maintainable.

Just for the record, this is not correct and I think time has proven
that integrating language into the html output has resulted in a Marjory
of active server pages.  Aside from Perl, there has been similar
constructions in python, rails, php, etc etc etc...

I just have a distaste for opinions spouted as facts.

If anything, CGI.PM is the clumsy huge animal and is problematic, even
from the beginning.  There has always been work arounds to sidestep it
including fastcgi et al.  Use of it is a (huge at times) convenience for
some, but speed, organization and efficiency are not it's benefits.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com