On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 02:46:19PM -0400, Jim Albert wrote:
> OK... last email on this topic.
> I feel like I'm getting replies like I'm from another planet for
> asking prudent questions.
> If others want to keep their heads in the sand and get a huge
> surprise someday when a Perl update or a new version of Apache they
> just installed breaks mod_perl or there's a vulnerability that
> requires a fix and there's no one to fix... go ahead and roll  your
> dice... it's your party.

You are not understanding.  We've been at this for several decades so...
you know we aren't idiots.

> If you care at all about your software environment you should want
> to have an understanding of when you need  to look for a replacement
> and when a product  hits EOL.

Um - you have worked for cooperate too long and fail to understand
anything outside of that context.

There is no EOL

Although the internet itself is quickly becoming irrelevant.

Free Software is allowed to work effectively as long as someone finds it
useful.  mod_perl actually, already has issues compiling with the latest
apache.  That is something that can be looked at.  Nothing forces you to
use Apache 2.4 or whatever they are up to.

BTW - Cobol is still around and I still your my Princess AT&T Bell
phone.  And my refrigerator  is likely older than you.  I ride my trek
2000 bicycle.  Not everything has build in obsolescence.

It modperl stops working, for some reason, I will not be able to
reproduce the thousands of messges and web pages on my system that is
build about it.  So I didn't depend on fly by night software.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com