Thee Lovely Anja said:

>Wow,
>I can't believe someone knows who Helmut Berger is !!!
>Whenever I talk about him people just don't know who he is. He is still
>really big in Germany, hosting weird talk shows and still looks the part.
>Did you ever see Mephisto '68, an adaptation of Goethe's Faust set in the
>'60s with Helmut Berger playing the main part. I've just seen it once ever
>and couldn't find it ever since.

Hey, Anja!  I've seen Helmut in lotsa films, including The Damned and The
Garden of the Finzi-Continis.  The latter is a great film (and deservedly
won best foreign pic oscar). Glad he's still active and doing tv talk shows;
we need more cool hosts like that here in the states.  I was just looking
him up in my ragged copy of the Film Encyclopedia I've had for around
fourteen years.  He's done lotsa films!

Dennis J.