There is a FreeBSD port of apache 1.3.4 + php + mod_ssl which I've hacked to
include mod_frontpage.  I did not include mod_perl.  I spent a bit of time
building each apache 1.3.4 with each mod_ separately to observe which pieces
are patched and why.  I reccommend this approach if you are going to integrate
several mod_'s together, they tend to make different assumptions about how and
what to patch in apache and its default config files.  It is relatively
interesting to integrate all the top level Makefiles as well.

A note about the frontpage install scripts.  Among the myriad of problems
these scripts have, the '"'s around path names in the httpd.conf default
distribution of will prevent the scripts from running.

A note about php.  If you choose to integrate database access for example to
mysql in the php install, then mysqld must be running for apache to start.
This is not very nice and means you must insure that upon a restart or cold
start that the database daemon is up before apache starts.

Rick Saltzman