> > I installed the apapche 1.3.4+mod_SSL rpm that is floating around on
> > Ralph's site - it works wonderfuly by itself, but it appears that no
> > other redhat modules can be installed on top of that installation. This
> > appears to be due to apache+mod_ssl is using some EAPI, which is not
> > compatible with the standard apache API - or something to that effect.
> >
> > Long story short - it doesn't work.

Download the sources and compile with all the modules you list. I run that
exact setup here (apache+mod_ssl/PHP3/mod_perl) and it works perfectly, and
yes, SSL can use PHP/mod_perl with this setup.

It is really not that difficult to do, the INSTALL docs on all these packages
are pretty straightforward and simple (or if you are really hard pressed on
doing this contact me offlist and I or one of my staff can possibly assist you).

This seems like a popular combination, perhaps it would be worth someone doing
up an rpm combining these particular modules (but might be a lot of work
keeping a package with all the latest versions after each upgrade).

E-Mail: William X. Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 02-Mar-99
Time: 02:11:54