Trung Tran-Duc wrote:

> > >[...]
> > >                            ^^^^^^^^^
> RSE: > What's wrong here? These are the arguments Trung used.
> > You mean we can allow assembler stuff, right? Yes, why not.
Sorry - I tried to quote _dll_ - you can use the assembler-stuff
- the allread compiled object files are part of the distribution.

> > But I'll ask Trung why he used "no-asm" initially...
>  [...]

> dll - I build a shared-library version, i.e. at the end I get
> ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll.

Ok - I thought I could wait a while to write more ideas/suggestions (I'm
quite busy at the moment - sorry) ;-)
Using a DLL (your approach) crashed my system but ONLY because of
a missing call to the SSLeay hook-function.
> [...]
> I've also built mod_ssl with the static-library version of SSLeay, without any
> problem.
Yes - this worked fine for me too.
> The upside is you don't need those two DLLs. The downside is
> the SSLeay code is duplicated in ApacheCore.dll and also in
> ApacheModuleProxy.dll
Yes - this is not acceptable .

> In any case you need to compile with the /MD flags, meaning your
> program and its DLLs use C runtime in MSVCRT.DLL. No other option
> here, because the same flag is used for Apache and at least Perl.

So you won't debug your programs :-) ? Have a look at
SSLeay-distribution-
it works around this known problem by offering you a hook to
malloc/free.
Perl works around this problem by having these "wonderfull"
stdio-defines
so it works without using /MD (but you still have to care about getting
the right function) and works with e.g. /MDd (for debugging)

> Mixing static and dynamic C runtimes in different DLLs in the same
> process can lead to big problems (I think)
Yes - but not only static/dynamic but also Debug/nonDebug MSVC-libs.

> I do not understand what the .EXP file is for.

By using .EXP-Tables you can e.g. build mod_ssl as a shared lib(DLL) -

This requires a two-phase link:

First create .EXP for ApacheCore
Then create and link mod_sll using the export-fle from apache
Link ApacheCore with the mod_sll.export-lib
done...

Again - thanks for the port
Michael