Now I get:

"An I/O error occured during security authorization.  Please try your
connection again."

Again, it only occursing during POST's, static and PHP pages come up fine.

I'm using Apache::AuthzDBI, and I turned debugging on, but didn't get
anything in my log at all.  It's like mod_perl never passed it to the
module.

httpd: [Fri Mar 19 13:02:05 1999] [info] created shared memory segment #5633
httpd: [Fri Mar 19 13:02:05 1999] [notice] Apache/1.3.4 (Unix) PHP/3.0.7
mod_perl/1.18 mod_ssl/2.2.5 OpenSSL/0.9.1c configured -- resuming normal
operations
httpd: [Fri Mar 19 13:02:05 1999] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled
(wrapper: /usr/local/https/bin/suexec)
httpd: [Fri Mar 19 13:02:05 1999] [info] Server built: Mar 19 1999
12:52:09