Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 1999, Magnus Stenman wrote:
>
> > >       http://en4.engelschall.com/
> > >      https://en4.engelschall.com/
> >
> > Dang. NS 4.08 Linux and NS 4.5 Mac work fine on all tests...
> > Unfortunately I cannot give you access to my box, because it's on
> > a non-public net..
> > But I can enable "debug" level in the logs..
>
> Ahh... fine. I was already made-insecure and though I become totally crazy.
> So we can now conclude that at least for your situation it's seems a local
> platform problem. At least it seems it's not a general mod_ssl protocol
> problem. I've expected this, because I already went over the protocol stuff
> more than once and finally were convinced that in 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 it's now
> finally correct.
>
> Hmmm.. but nevertheless you've still the nasty problems on your platform and
> the question remains: What cause it. Using the debugging loglevel can give
> some hints, yes. It's not exactly the software versions I used, right?  I
> think the problem is inside OpenSSL, because in Apache the protocol stuff

I start to suspect that too... I use 0.9.1c (could not find newer RPMs)
but I'll upgrade to 0.9.2b and we'll see if the problem goes away.

It seems that at least some of the error reports come from
people using 0.9.1c

> wasn't changed for a long time. Have you already tried a _fresh_ (built from
> scratch!) Apache/1.3.6+mod_ssl/2.2.6+OpenSSL/0.9.2b (sorry when I ask again,
> but too much people already described their situation the last days and I
> already intermix them)?

Apache/1.3.6+mod_ssl/2.2.6+OpenSSL/0.9.1c

I included the "debug" level log snippet below

/magnus

ssllog.gz