"Ralf S. Engelschall" wrote:

> > > RPMs? No, please compile from scratch and both packages the same way, of
> > > course.
> >
> > The RPM issue came from the 'ease of installation' standpoint - no problem,
> > I'll do the compile then for both.
>
> Ok, for me "ease of installation" is a pure from-the-source issue.  Because
> when you already have RPMs for both packages, both are equally easy to install
> (just "rpm -Uvh <package>" or something when I remember correctly).

That's correct. But when you do, that would make the test depend on
the correct packaging and configuration of compile-time options,
which was done by packagers (like me) and not by the authors.

When you want reliable results you should indeed compile things
yourself,
using the same compiler and if possible using the same compiler flags.

--
Niels Poppe - org.net bv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>