> I'm just saying that there is a definite need for some third-party
> point-by-point comparison.

Considering that at this point not only have many mod_SSL users provided
suggestions and support for this benchmark project, but Ralph was one of the
first to jump in with suggestions and help, I'm very tempted to give mod_SSL
high marks for support.

On the other hand, since the author of Apache_SSL has all but ignored this
once I posted up my initial benchmarking suggestion, it does somewhat taint
my perception of the installation and support issue.

It appears to be, at this point, from re-reading some of the original
bickering thread, that the split between mod_SSL and apache_SSL was not an
amicable one, at least on one side of the fence.

Harry