i am having the same problem and i followed your suggestion but i am
getting this error.

[Wed Aug 16 10:10:35 2000] [warn] VirtualHost 203.177.26.5:443 overlaps
with VirtualHost 203.177.26.5:443, the first has precedence, perhaps you
need a NameVirtualHost directive
/var/lib/apache/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd started

my NameVirtualHost directive is:

NameVirtualHost 203.177.26.5

raymond