On 15 Aug 00, David Rees wrote:

> Argh, I should have read your original post, here's a better answer than
> my last:

<<< snip, snip >>>

> For name based virtual hosts, what you really need to do is add another
> pair of virtual hosts:

I must be missing something - correct me if I'm wrong, but...

> NameVirtualHost 111.22.33.44
>
> <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44:80>
>  ServerName name1.mydom.com
>  DocumentRoot /home/webfoot/public_html
> </VirtualHost>
> <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44:80>
>  ServerName namessl.mydom.com
>  DocumentRoot /home/webfoot/secure_html
> </VirtualHost>

Won't the above pair of vhost entries result in the following?

     URL entered:                         file served:
http://namessl.mydom.com ---> /home/webfoot/secure_html/index.html

As it is now, this URL causes /home/webfoot/public_html/index.html to
be served. But, this is a better situation than serving the files from
secure_html via an unencrypted link. What I want is to serve nothing
(except an error message).

Sorry if I'm being dense.

Thanks,
James Moore