From: Enrico Demarin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 12:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mod-ssl on win32 (mod_ssl bug 569, apache crash)

I know it's not supported but... seems like something is still not good in
mod_ssl , as reported by Josef Goebel,
who posted a patch, there is something odd in mod_ssl for win32. I applied
his patch to ap_ctx.c , that cures
the crash in most of the cases
in ap_ctx_get() adds:
if ((ctx==NULL) || (key==NULL))
{
ap_log_assert("ap_ctx_get_bug: ctx or key are NULL!",
__FILE__, __LINE__);
return NULL;
}
and i also added the same check in ap_ctx_set. The problem is that
sometimes mod_ssl calls such functions with ctx set to null and key set to
null, and crashes apache. I have had other crashes which i haven't been
able to debug ( how do i properly build a debug version of apache-ssl on
win32 ? when the visual c debug window pops up after a crash all i can see
is assembly code ). As reported by Josef the "null" calls seem to be
generated by ssl_io_suck_read() in ssl_engine_io.c,
but why does it happen ? is there some memory corruption going inside
mod_ssl that causes the structures to be set to null ? Apache with
aforementioned patch is "almost" stable but... i have the sensation that
there is a problem somewhere else.
- Enrico