i've actually made some hacks to get it to work; i was able to build a
debug version and found that there were problems in the ssl log
code.  as a temporary fix, i was able to disable that portion of the code,
so it crashes much much less (i rarely see it anymore).  however, as a
drawback, i no longer have access to an ssl log.

-son