If you indeed refresh then that would be on the same connection and threading would
not be involved if it is a page by itself in one file (i.e. without images, without
frames).  Important detail:  Are you refreshing a single resource (file)?  If not,
then please test that simplified case.  Knowing that helps pinpoint the problem.  Is
there different behavior if you allow keeping alive connection or forcing not to keep
alive?  (Do that from the configuration file.)  Do you known whether it keeps alive?
(There must be some way to log that, maybe you have to recompile specifically for
that, maybe there is a configuration option, I'm not sure.)

- Leo