Hi List,

I work for a mobile phone retail company in the UK - www.mobiles.co.uk

Recently we discovered that several of our customers were unable to
complete the secure portions of their orders. The only common factor
with all these problems were that all customers were using IE 5.00 to IE
5.01.

Under Internet Explorer they receive "Page Connot Be Found". With
Netscape all works fine, and with all other recent Internet Explorer
versions, a successful connection can be made.

I found nothing useful on the Microsoft site other than this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q244302

It may be the root of the problem, but we cannot ask the 33% of our
customers who use IE5 to patch their machines before accessing our site.

It is obvious that MOST connections to https sites can be made from IE5,
or it would have been better documented.

I contacted Verisign to find out if there was a reason some certificates
were useable with IE5, and others weren't, but I found their technical
support to be quite useless.

My last option is to ask you guys whether this could be a configuration
issue - or whether there is some configuration tweak I can make to get
around this problem for our IE5 users.

Best regards,

Louis

--