Just to concur with Jeff, IE5.00 is useless. At the end of June Microsoft
are dropping support for IE5.01SP2. I can't remember right now where I found
that out, and

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fdefault.aspx%3fscid%3dfh%3
ben-us%3bobsprodi

Doesn't list IE5.01 as obsolete, although IE5.5SP2 is listed as a
replacement for other versions of IE. Of course, the obsolete list is
incomplete anyway (Office 97 is missing, as was mentioned in this weeks
Woody's Office Watch. I'm the one who got it in there).

A minimum of IE5.5SP2 is required now, although of course people will be
using older versions. As an organisation we are dependant on IE (since we
use VBScript a lot) and so we are moving up to IE5.5SP2 gradually.

Having said that, I've just posted to Bugtraq a comment that the latest
update (MS02-23, or Q321232 depending on your preferences) is refusing to
install on some Windows 2000 machines.

Don't we just love Microsoft?

-
John Airey
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If Charles Darwin knew a fraction of what scientists know today, he'd never
have written the Origin of the Species.

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk

14th June 2002 is RNIB Look Loud Day - visit http://www.lookloud.org.uk to