I'd suggest that you disable the basic authentication as well, once it all
works.

This does mean that users would have to enter their username and password
twice, but does keep out worms like "Code Red". After all, your exchange
server isn't a public site.

On Exchange 5.5/IIS4 we've disabled both Challenge/Response (as this
prevents Netscape or Mozilla getting into your mailbox) and basic
authentication. We do get a niggly message "your password will expire in 0
days", but we just ignore it.

-
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If we could learn one thing from September 11th 2001, it would be the utter
absurdity of moral relativism.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=43997 , We decided
to evaluate running a Front-End OWA server under SSL with HTTP disabled on a
separate system from the other Exchange Servers. In the final analysis, we
decided that this was the right answer for us.

David Marshall