On Aug-04, James E Keenan wrote:
> Searching via "All":
> 1st distro appearing is Test::More as part of Palm-Progect-2.0.1 by Michael
> Graham.  Schwern's Test::More appears 4th on list.  Note:  In recent weeks
> 1st distro appearing under this search was Test::More as part of
> parrot-0.0.010 by Steve A Fink.  Tonight, this distro is 2nd on list.

More data for the pot: when I uploaded that file, the indexer sent me
back a long list of all the modules it found within it, including
this:

  Test::More
      version: 0.41
      in file: parrot-0.0.10/lib/Test/More.pm
       status: Not indexed because permissions missing. Visit PAUSE and
               click "View Permissions" to find the legitimate
               maintainer(s).

Shortly thereafter, I received mail from a maintainer saying that he'd
help me resolve the huge number of indexing problems. (Unsurprisingly,
Parrot contains lots of modules.) I wrote back, saying I'd rather none
of it got indexed in the first place, and he said he'd looked at what
it was and agreed that nothing needed to be done because it wasn't
appropriate in this particular case. (I'm still looking for the actual
email; sorry for the vague description.) He also said there's no way
to suppress the indexer.

This suggests that there should perhaps be ways to say things like
"I'm just repackaging this module for convenience; I am NOT an
authoritative source for it." Or, as in my case, "I ship with this
module but installing my software will not make the module available
to anything outside my software so please forget you ever noticed its
presence."

But I won't suggest that, because I don't understand the system to
know whether that would make any sense. :-)