On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Orton, Yves wrote:

> Thats great. Did it get applied? Even if it did it still wont help those
> that cannot upgrade their CPAN or install modules will it?

If you can't install a new version of CPAN.pm, how can you install other
modules?  You're either maintaining your own person perl lib, or
installing modules for the entire system.

Might I say that you seem awfully convinced that the sky is falling with
this issue.  Module::Build works pretty well.  That's my opinion, and the
opinion of a lot of people that are smarter than me.  There are a few
rough edges with regards to compatibility with MakeMaker, but they aren't
as bad as you make them to be.

Regards.

--
Chris Reinhardt -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http://www.dyndns.org/
I have hardly ever known a mathematician who was capable of reasoning.