* Orton, Yves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-11-20 12:46]:
> Personally my feeling is that Module::Build isn't mature enough
> for release ready code.

That is circular logic, I'm afraid. The less it's used, the
longer it'll take to mature. Unless you are running up against
one of its specific known weaknesses, you should probably use
M::B instead of EU::MM.

> The fact that without manual intervention what it produces isnt
> compatible with CPAN is IMO a serious argument against using
> it, and poses serious questions in my mind about its
> suitability in 5.10.

As Randy said - it has a compatibility mode to generate a
Makefile.PL that writes a Makefile.

Although CPAN.pm will have had support for M::B modules for a
very long time by the time 5.10 rolls around, so this is a very
moot point.

> I dont know the logic behind using Build.pl instead of
> makefile.pl, but the fact that it doesnt create the later by
> defualt (or so I have been told) is in my eyes a serious
> mistake that will greatly reduce its overall uptake in the
> market.

It isn't produced by default, because it's intended to be
obsoleted. If it was the default, it would have to be deprecated
separately later.

I see too many "seems to", "I have been told" etc in your mails.
Why are you so outspoken on a matter you have not had any direct
contact with?

Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."