* Mark Stosberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-02-10 16:31]:
> With Perl modules, I think there is typically less on the line
> than $100,000 contracts. I found in my own experience that
> people are generally trustworthy.

Precisely this lack of consequence actually makes me feel it
might be more problematic. Cf popularity contest.

> It's primary downfall now is that it's simply not being used a
> lot. Making further barriers to using it would only serve to
> work this worse.

I certainly agree.

> If the system is highly used and slightly abused (say 1%), the
> ratings should still remain useful.

That's precisely why I'm weary of incentive to abuse.. :)

I don't know; this is mostly gut feeling. I am likely too
suspicious; I just can't shake the unease.

Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."